Order Furnace Filters/Filter Replacement
Need replacement furnace filters and A/C filters? Modern Heating & Cooling is your local Carrier certified dealer. We are certified technicians who are skilled with A/C furnace filter installation and replacement. We stock a wide variety of humidifier filters, furnace filters, and water panels to serve your needs from the brands Carrier and Aprilaire. These include the Infinity air purifier, Performance filter cabinet, and others. If you need a filter that is not listed below, please give us a call at (920) 733-4713 our office directly to get the filter you need.
Infinity Air Purifier
Carrier’s Infinity Air Purifier whole home air purification system. Call us at (920) 733-4713 for questions/to order.
Performance Filter Cabinet and Air Furnace Filter
Introducing Carrier’s Performance Filter Cabinet and Air Furnace Filter. This is an easy-to-replace filter. For questions or to order, please call us at (920) 733-4713.
A/C & Furnace Filters: General Information
During the summer, you will need a fresh air conditioning filter to keep you cool and to maintain good indoor air quality. To help you gain the longest lifespan possible for your air conditioning unit, you will want to ensure that you are replacing your A/C filter as regularly as possible. The same is true for your furnace.
Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV)
What is Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV)? This is a rating of the air filter’s ability to trap airborne particles and ability to keep good airflow. You will see MERV ratings labeled between 1 and 16. The value 16 stands for the best filtration available on the market.
How Often Should I Change Out My Air Filter?
You may be wondering how often you’ll need to change your air filter. The answer is that it depends on the system you have. Some air filters will need to be replaced every 30 to 60 days while others can be changed out every 6 to 12 months. When in doubt, check with your HVAC technician or follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- For 1″ – 2″ filters, replace them every 1-3 months
- For 3″ – 4″ filters, replace them every 6-9 months
- For 5″ – 6″ filters, replace them every 9-12 months
In addition, there are some factors that will further impact how often you need to change out your A/C or furnace filter. These include: whether you or someone in your home smokes, if you burn scented candles, you frequently use a wood-burning fireplace/stove, if you are located near a new construction site, you cook very often in your home, or if you have poor outdoor air quality outside your home.
Reasons to Change Your A/C or Furnace Filter:
- Energy efficiency: If you neglect your air filter, you will eventually experience low airflow throughout your system. As a result, your A/C unit will have to work extra hard to maintain your comfort. This will, in turn, draw more electricity and ultimately increase your energy bills. Regularly updating a clogged filter can increase your A/C system’s efficiency between 5 and 15%.
- System reliability: If you ignore your dirty air filter, it will cause your fan motors and other components within the system to work harder. This can unfortunately shorten the lifespan of your HVAC system if not dealt with.
- Comfort: Lastly, to keep you and your family comfortable, you will want to change your filters often. Neglecting a dirty air filter can cause problems with keeping your home cool and may even cause family members to feel uncomfortable with your indoor air quality.
What If a Family Member Has Allergies or Asthma?
Do you or another family member have allergies or asthma? The number of times you change your filter will be paramount to your/their health and comfort. We recommend choosing a filter with 12 to 16 MERV for the most effective removal of airborne particles. Ensure you check your A/C or furnace once a month.
What If I Have Pets?
If you have pets in your home, you will need to consider several factors as that will determine how often you may need to change your air filter. This includes factoring the number of pets, their size, and their hair length. The more pet dander and hair, the higher volume of airborne particles your air filter will need to trap. Additionally, your pets will likely bring in additional dirt, dust, bacteria, viruses, and even insects into your home.
If you have only one pet, you likely can just follow the recommendations as provided by the filter manufacturer. However, if you have several pets, you should check your air filter at a minimum of once every 30 days.
Types of Air Filters
One of the ways to know how often you should change your filter is to determine the kind of filter you have. Some of these require being changed out every 30 days to once a year:
- Fiberglass filters: These are commonly the least expensive option of air filter available. Usually, the are around one inch thick. These filters provide basic level filtration and are disposable. If you have a fiberglass filter, you will want to change them out every 30 days.
- Polyester/Pleated filters: These filter types are available in several widths. No matter the width, however, they are better at sifting through airborne pollutants when compared with standard fiberglass filters. You can leave your polyester/pleated filter for about 3 months before changing it.
- Washable air filters: These filters aren’t quite as common. As their name implies, instead of removing and disposing of this filter, you can remove, clean, and then place the filter back into your HVAC system for further use.
Find a Local Furnace or Air Conditioner Maintenance Professional
If you need assistance with your A/C or furnace filter replacement, or if you have any concerns, you will need to schedule an appointment with your local HVAC company. Please reach out to Modern Sheet Metal today for assistance with diagnosing and servicing your HVAC system.
To start with ordering A/C or furnace filters, please give us a call today at (920) 733-4713. A friendly team member will help you order a Carrier or Aprilaire air filter, or schedule a service. We also have other heating and cooling products available.